Have you ever wished you could just hang out at the co-op a little longer than it takes to grab your kale juice and your sustainably raised bacon? Kick back and pop a brew maybe, and then grab a baguette and some soup and a vegan brownie and go home to live some more good life?
The Wedge is making all of those things possible with the new Eat Street store Wedge Table, which could be described as a mini co-op with a nice little civilized cafe and an amped-up bakery, all of which instantly ups the curb appeal for anyone living in that neighborhood.
See also: The Wedge expands to Eat Street
A few facts about the new space:
1. More ready-to-eat options and community gathering spaces.
2. The market and cafe will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
3. The grocery will be stocked with items similar to the Lyndale Avenue location but on a smaller scale.
4. Grab-and-go options include breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, including seasonal deli fare, sandwiches, soups, artisan breads, pastries, a coffee and juice bar, and a small seating section for dining in.
5. Beer, wine, and specialty cocktails!
6. A classroom for cooking classes and other events.
Want to know more? Visit on March 7 and 8 for music, food samples, and a meet and greet. The Lyndale Avenue Wedge will soon undergo remodeling, and a second, full-service Wedge grocery will be added to the brand, in an as yet undetermined location.
The Wedge Table 2412 Nicollet Ave. S. Minneapolis 612-871-3993
Send your story tips to Hot Dish.