Valentine's Day specials: 5 neighborhood restaurants for romance
Share the love with your Valentine this year.
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, the stress of trying to impress your one-and-only may be making you wish for Cupid to hit the road this year. But don't fret. The calendar has done you a favor this year: With Valentine's Day falling on Monday, you can reasonably justify making Valentine's reservations any time from Friday through Monday. If you consider off-peak dining hours, you're reasonably sure to find a spot. To help in your quest, here are five romantic Twin Cities neighborhood spots you might not have thought of, many with special V-day menus, and all guaranteed to bring back that loving feeling.
1. AMORE VICTORIA This romantically lit, cozy Uptown neighborhood spot has been preparing delicious, traditional Italian dishes for years. Its famous tiramisu is the perfect dessert to share. Make your Valentine's Day dinner reservation through Open Table and have the option to book a five-course prix fixe menu at $40 to $60 per person.
1601 West Lake Street, Minneapolis 612.823.0250; website
2. SPILL THE WINE What goes better with romance than wine? Spill the Wine, in Minneapolis's warehouse district, is offering an impressive three-course, Russian River wine dinner with wine pairings for $110 per couple. Be sure to call or make a reservation on their website to book a spot. Special menu available February 11 to 14.
1101 Washington Avenue S, Minneapolis 612.339.3388; website
3. CAFE ENA Searching for some Latin heat? Look no further than the warmly lit South Minneapolis neighborhood spot, Cafe Ena. From February 11 to 14, it will be offering a special a la carte dinner menu for Valentine's Day. Or, if you can wait till the 15th, it will be serving a hot, aphrodisiac wine dinner for those not up to dealing with the Valentine's Day dinner rush.
4601 Grand Avenue S, Minneapolis 612.824.4441; website
4. VINCENT--A RESTAURANT What could be more romantic than a delicious, traditional French meal? Vincent's special Valentine's Day dinner will be served February 11 to 14 and includes such traditional French fare as escargots, pan-seared foie gras, poached sole, and cassoulet.
1100 Nicollet Mall, Minneaplis 612.630.1189; website
5. LUCI ANCORA If you're in the mood for progressive Italian, St. Paul's Luci Ancora is the perfect spot for a quiet, romantic meal. Settle in to a table by the cozy fireplace and order from the special "build your own" tasting menu this Valentine's Day. The cost is $45 a person with optional wine flights for an additional $20.
2060 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul 651.698.6889; website
More Valentine's Day posts:
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.