Top 10: Songs with sexually suggestive food metaphors
Songs with Sexually Suggestive Food Metaphors Endless Simmer sums up some of its favorite food-related top 10 lists, like this one on songs with sensual food metaphors, courtesy the Frisky. It seems things have gotten a little more explicit since Steve Miller Band sang, "You're the cutest thing I ever did see. Really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree."
10. "B-Boy, where the f**k you at?/I been looking for your ass since a quarter past/Hot peas and butter, baby, come and get your supper/Before I make you suffer/That's when you had enough/Can I get hot when you hit the jackpot?/Surely I can, if you the man/I get loose and produce large amounts of juice." - "Keep On Keepin' On", MC Lyte
9. "I want a little sugar/in my bowl/I want a little sweetness/down in my soul/I could stand some lovin'/Oh so bad/I feel so funny and I feel so sad."--"I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl", Nina Simone
8. "She wanted me to feed her/So I mixed up the batter/And she licked the beater/I scream you scream/We all scream for her/Don't even try 'cause/You can't ignore her/She's my cherry pie ."--"Cherry Pie", Warrant
7. "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard/And they're like/It's better than yours/Damn right it's better than yours/I can teach you/But I have to charge."--"Milkshake", Kelis
6. "My heart is like an artichoke/I eat petals myself one by one/Until I feel enough/Until I lose to laugh/Can you peel my petals one by one?/Your hands are like a rusty knife/Are you gonna keep on peeling me?"--"Artichoke", Cibo Matto
5. "Squeeze me, babe, till the juice runs down my leg/Do, squeeze, squeeze me, baby, until the juice runs down my leg/The way you squeeze my lemon/I'm gonna fall right outta bed."--"The Lemon Song", Led Zeppelin
4. "Creme tangerine and Montélimar/A ginger sling with a pineapple heart/A coffee dessert--yes you know it's good news/But you'll have to have them all pulled out/After the Savoy truffle/Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart/I feel your taste all the time we're apart/Coconut fudge really blows down those blues/But you'll have to have them all pulled out/After the Savoy truffle."--"Savoy Truffle", The Beatles
3. "Movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches/I'm movin' to the country/I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches/I'm movin' to the country/I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches/Movin' to the country/I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches/Peaches come from a can they were put there by a man/In a factory downtown/If I had my little way I'd eat peaches everyday/Sun soakin' bulges in the shade."--"Peaches", Presidents of the United States of America
2. "Clickin' by your house about two forty-five/With a sidewalk sundae strawberry surprise/I got a cherry popsicle right on time/A big stick, momma, that'll blow your mind/'Cause I'm your ice cream man/I'm a one-man band (yeah)/I'm your ice cream man, honey/I'll be good to you."--"Ice Cream Man", Tom Waits
1. "I've been out there/Tried a little bit of everything/But it's all sex without love/I found the real thing is poundcake/Homegrown and down-home, yeah that's the one/Still cookin' with that old time, long lost recipe, yeah/Woo!/She's down-home and down-home/Oh, that's my woman."--"Pound Cake", Van Halen
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.