Thom Pham hosts Oscar nominations this Week in Food
- Thom Pham hosts an Oscar-worthy celebration to benefit the Aegis Foundation. Enjoy a dim sum breakfast while watching the 2011 Oscar Nominations live. See Oscar-worthy styles during an informal fashion show, featuring local designers and boutiques. Presented by MNFashion and styled by L'etoile magazine fashion editor Jahna Peloquin, the looks will capture the essence of Oscar fashion with a local twist. Attendees will be entered to win a variety of prizes, including a pair of VIP tickets to the Aegis Foundation's Oscar Night Gala at the Hotel Ivy. 7 to 9:30 a.m.
Hey Bunny, this year's for you.
Fábio, do Blog Peladeiros
- It's hard to live without pizza, but it's easy to live without gluten. Learn how to make gluten-free pizza and flatbread with Shawn Binkowski and Sandra Calcutt at Valley Natural Foods in Burnsville. $32/$27 for members. Pre-register by calling 952-891-1212. 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit at Chino Latino. The Latin restaurant celebrates the Chinese New Year tonight with a five-course dinner, including dim sum, General Tso's Hack Rooster, hot and sour soup, Beijing-style roasted whole rabbit, and fried banana wrapped in lumpia and served with ice cream. Specialty cocktail pairings will be served with each course.
- See the Unknown Prophets in Hell. Hell's Kitchen will host the local hip-hop band, as well as Saltee and Willy Lose. Grab a burger or some breakfast (served all day in Hell) and enjoy some local jams. $5. 10:30 p.m.
- Do a little dabbling. The Saint Paul Winter Carnival presents an afternoon of craft and microbrew tasting and awareness at its second annual Beer Dabbler. Take in a variety of ales from 60 different local and regional small batch brewers. Take home a miniature pint glass from which to sample. Tickets sold at www.thebeerdabbler.com or at the Four Firkins, Ale Jail, Station 4, and Thomas Liquor and TC Craft Beer. $25 in advance; $35 day of. 3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Dive into winter's bounty at the Midtown Global Market's Winter Foods Festival. Pick up ingredients, recipes, and samples and vote for your favorite winter stew at the Fourth Annual Global Soup Cook-off. Get a front-row seat to the winter cooking showdown between the Arts Institute Culinary program and Le Cordon Bleu. 12 to 4 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.