This week's "Best of Hot Dish"
Not to be all heavy-handed and "The Jungle" or anything, but we, like Andrew Zimmern, think the word on the street about industrialized ground beef production is pretty important bidness, moreso because the recent NYT article on the topic has such close ties to Minnesota. Don't worry though, if you were enlightened on this topic light years ago (like we know a lot of you Hot Dishers were) or that makes your stomach turn, we brought you some easier-to-stomach tidbits this week too:
- First, the yucky stuff. Let's just get this out of the way, shall we?
- Now then, did you hear about Smalley's jerk chicken?
- Or what about kombucha and hemp chocolate milk? One local blogger thinks they're to die for.
- There's a new CRAVE open in St. Louis Park. Early reports are enthusiastic.
- OM is working the drink scene. Think mango, lemon juice, and crème de cassis
Over and out.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.