This week's "Best of Hot Dish"
Did you have any pan de muerto for Day of the Dead this week? What about a sandwich on National Sandwich Day? You know, National Deviled Egg Day was this week too. We don't really wish those on anyone though. You at least had a Honeycrisp or six in honor of our man R.T. on Election Day, didn't you? Here's our favorite Hot Dish posts from the last week:
- Can we vote restaurateurs some of the more inventive and bold businesspeople out there? If what they name their restaurants is any indication, they'll win.
- Sandwich Expert Teddy Hobbins can't eat just one this week. He compares Brianno's Hot Dago and Italian Beef sammies.
- They may at any moment be eclipsed by egg nog lattes, but we sat some pumpkin lattes side-by-side for a quick taste-off.
- We pondered some of our cities' best sandwiches. And speaking of voting, can we vote every Tuesday National Sandwich Day? Ok, good.
- Our Cocktail Queen Michelle Leon gives a big thumbs-up to Bar La Grassa's "silky and lush" White Spider drink.
Have a great weekend, everyone. Looks like the weather's gonna be slammin!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.