This week's "Best of Hot Dish"
Probably the best part of this week, foodwise, was the opening of not one but two new restaurants (with a third on the way) -- all beginning with "B." Two of them (Brasa and Barrio) are second, St. Paul locations based on the successes of (not to mention the the enthusiastic fan base for) their Minneapolis progenitors (take that, recession!). The third, Butcher Block, helmed by two former I Nonni chefs, seems quite promising. Here's some other stuff we liked:
- Easily the most talked about story this week. Who doesn't like a good story about a disabled stripper?
- Getting dirt on chefs is always fun to know. Level Five's Matt Holmes gives us some dirt.
- Anything involving "The Big Lebowski" is an automatic fave. No question.
- Like we said, we like getting dirt. OMG, did you hear about Jane and Michael Stern?
- Anything involving housemade garlic spiked ham wins our vote as well.
Enjoy the weekend!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.