This week's "Best of Hot Dish"
The Vancouver Olympics start today, and so too does 2+ weeks of national hypnosis over triple axels, snow conditions at Whistler, and Apolo Anton Ohno. Before you settle in though, stop biting your nails over Lindsey Vonn and check out some of the cool stuff that happened in the food world this week.
- Oh no you didn't! One food writer says uh uh to putting wasabi in your soy sauce.
- What's local musician Dessa Darling's on-the-road salad-eating score?
- He owns how many accordians? Find out more about the old White Castle building on Lyndale and its current occupant.
- How badass is Auto-Tune? It made a Bud Light commercial that aired during the Super Bowl tops.
- The Travel Channel descended this week to check out Matt's and 5-8's Ju(i)cy Lucys for its new show "Food Wars."
Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Olympics-watching, and Happy Weekend!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.