From hot new restaurants opening to beloved eateries closing their doors, the Hot Dish was all over the Twin Cities food scene this year. As we enter a new year, here are a few of the most popular posts of 2013.
10. 2nd Annual Food Truck Fair moves to Uptown After the controversy surrounding the first year of the Food Truck Fair, we chatted with one of the organizers to see how 2013 would be different.
9. Red Cow now open near 50th and France: Here's a first look inside We showed off the goods from Luke Shimp's new restaurant.
8. New website lists the food code violations at every restaurant in Minneapolis A locally based open data researcher used his expertise to inventory the health code violations of Minneapolis restaurants in one spot.
7. Trouble at True Thai We investigated the changes that started rolling in at the award-winning Thai restaurant early this fall.
6. Top 10 donuts in the Twin Cities A list that would make even Homer Simpson envious of the Twin Cities.
5. 34th Avenue and 50th Street: The hottest intersection in south Minneapolis Between Al Vento's brunch and 3 Tiers' spectacular kimchi ramen, this intersection is worth checking out.
4. Pig Ate My Pizza: A first look Our sneak peek at the highly anticipated restaurant from the Travail folks.
3. True Thai closed, according to former employee After legal woes and financial difficulties, a former employee of True Thai told us that the local favorite had closed its doors for good.
2. Heidi's closed for good Yet another beloved Twin Cities restaurant shuttered in 2013.
1. Top 10 chicken wings in the Twin Cities We scoured the Twin Cities (with plenty of napkins on hand) to find the perfect wings for happy hour, game day, or just to nibble on.