The Best of Hot Dish: January 3-7, 2011
It's the first Best of Hot Dish for the new year, and the restaurant openings and scandal are practically boiling over. That's a good thing, as it will keep our minds off the chilly temps and persistent precipitation. So for the first week of 2011 we present several orts of serious eatery news and a picture of a gal in a bee costume for your pleasure (and as part of a new TC business venture).
- Scandal! OM now equals an NYE debacle and is no longer a word that helps Vikram Uppal meditate.
- Jason Sowards plans to launch Harriet Brewing Co. in a few weeks. Hops love on Minnehaha sounds good to us.
- Yet another St. Louis Park opening planned: Mill Valley Kitchen and Chef Michael Rakun are cooking up something at the Ellipse luxury apartments.
- Need a crib sheet from Rachel? How about The Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2011.
- Lastly, do you want a woman dressed in a bee costume to deliver delicious honey to your house via bicycle? Then the Beez Kneez is for you. Yep, that's Kristy Lynn Allen in the pic!
Keep it real (and warm) and we'll be back with more Hot Dish next week!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.