3. Homemade stock--in a large pot, cover turkey carcass with water, add leftover vegetables, onion and garlic, bring to a boil then simmer 2-4 hours. Use in place of chicken broth. Can be frozen.
4. Turkey casserole--cube turkey, mix with sautéed onion, celery and garlic, a can of cream soup and bread crumbs (see recipe below)--cook at 375 degrees for a half-hour.
5. Freeze in meal-sized portions to microwave on a busy night.
6. Use half-full bottles of wine to make sangria--don't be afraid to mix and match.
7. Use cranberries to make a yummy relish. Mix with a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil-- add chopped jalapenos, onion and garlic--wonderful with tacos.
8. Use mashed potatoes to make latkes (patties)--combine with sauteed onions and garlic, add beaten egg, form patties and fry in a small amount of vegetable oil. Serve with apple sauce.
9. Use leftover bread to make bread crumbs and croutons:
Croutons--cube and bake with olive oil, garlic and herbs at 300 degrees until crisp.
Bread crumbs--bake 'til crusty, break into small pieces, put in blender with fresh
herbs to desired consistency.
10.Last but not least: eat cold leftovers, with your fingers, while watching TV!