RIP: Carpenter's Steak House

A Hugo steakhouse is being considered a total loss after burning to the ground in a fire yesterday. Carpenter's Steakhouse has been an institution in the town for more than 100 years the Star Tribune reports. The blaze reportedly started on the second floor of the building the paper says.

"They're pretty shook up," [Hugo City Administrator Mike] Ericson said of the Anderson family, who owned the combined bar and restaurant. "It's been in their family for 40 years." Ericson said that Carpenter's was "our signature restaurant in town" and said the fire would rival the 2002 American Legion fire in its loss of city history.

Sponsor Content


All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories


All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >