Cupid has hit the Twin Cities. Explore Valentine's, viticulture, and vegetable gardens this Week in Food.
- Appeal to Cupid's culinary senses this Valentine's Day with myriad dining options.
- The Surly Appreciation Party keeps on kickin' at Pizza Nea. Enjoy deals on Surly brews such as Pentagram, Moe's Bender, Mole Smoke, AHA Rally Beer, and others. Limited amounts of a rotating selection will be served. Event particulars (time and which beers will be poured) will be posted on Facebook, Twitter, and the Surly website two days before the event.
- Who doesn't love a fun-filled day of viticulture and enology (that's wine, people)? Chat with cold-climate grape growers and winemakers, sample international, award-winning wines, and learn the ins and outs of viticulture and enology at the MGAA Cold Climate Grape and Wine Conference. February 17, 18, 19. Bloomington Sheridan. For more information visit www.mngrapes.org.
- Catastrophic cook? Learn the basics at Kitchen Windows' "Cooking Essentials." Enjoy cooking demonstrations, seminars, and samples. Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thirty degrees and we all think summer. Prepare for gardening season at "Grow Your Own Food" at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Learn everything you need to know about starting your own vegetable garden. $30-40. 10 a.m.