We put Parella in our top three of the spate of new establishments that turned 2015 into the year of Italian, locally. Chef Todd Macdonald brought his NYC chops to the job, along with a nuanced understanding of regional Italian cuisine thanks to his decades of travel there. Macdonald notified us that he would be exiting his position as executive chef at Parella, but will continue on as a silent investor.
He shares the partnership with local restaurateur Michael Larson. We mourn for the kitchen at Parella, and hope it will fare okay in his absence. Macdonald says he is going after a "new and exciting endeavor."
We will follow him wherever he goes.
- Upscale yet casual, Parella is Uptown's new hotspot
- Chef Todd MacDonald Was Eating Oysters and Drinking Wine By Age Eight
- Chef Todd Macdonald leaves Italy for Burgerville
- Parella: New casual Italian format includes half-pound meatballs
- Parella is closed
- Why Parella died while Scena thrives in Uptown