Longfellow Grill, Sea Change host patio parties: The Week in Food
It's patio season--enjoy the outdoors, throw back a few brews, and dream about Bentleys, making (and feeding) babies, singing soul, and saving pennies. Welcome to your week in food.
- Sit back. Relax. Stay awhile. Sea Change and Gastro Non Grata invite you to chill out with their Monday night patio series on the Sea Change patio. Chef Erik Anderson will prepare fresh grilled seafood while you listen to acoustic music by Marin Devaney and Sheridan Fox and take the edge off with a few PBRs. $5 wristband and entry, $20 for three sample courses. 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Beer and dinner are a popular combination. Act fast to get in on Happy Gnome's Beer Dinner featuring Lift Bridge brewery. Meet the men behind Lift Bridge and sample some of their summertime brews. $85. 6 p.m. meet and greet, 7 p.m. dinner.
- Short on cash? Keep it real with a pint and a slice. Pizza Luce in downtown Minneapolis will feature Fulton beers all month. Meet the brewers and enjoy $3 pints. 5 to 7 p.m.
- 9th Street--it's not just a street, it's an experience. Really. A consortium of Minneapolis restaurants and retailers recently banded together to form the 9th Street Experience--a nonprofit organization to attract local business. Attend a kick-off scavenger hunt that will start at the Campbell Mithun building and end on the Solera rooftop. Grand-prize winners will receive a Bentley (!) . . . for four hours. 5 to 7 p.m. scavenger hunt, 7 to 9 p.m. after party at Solera.
- The Golden Girls love their lanai (RIP Blanche), and Minnesotans love their patios. Hit up Longfellow Grill for an official Patio Kick-Off Party. Enjoy $2 Summits and $1 brats. 5 to 9 p.m.
- Start your bebe off right. Attend "Nutrition in Pregnancy" at the Wedge and learn everything you need to know about nutrition, complication prevention, and supplements as well as tips for eating well in pregnancy and in (eek) labor. $15/$12 for members. 7 to 8 p.m.
- Forget the Miller High Life. Learn how to class up your next barbecue at "Great Wines for the BBQ," an event at Haskell's Bloomington. Free. 12 p.m.
- City dwellers: put down the mimosa and get your hands dirty. Twin Cities Crop Mob will rally at Cornercopia Farm on the corner of Cleveland and Larpenteur Avenues. Help out with weeding, clearing brush, and other farm-related tasks in exchange for a farm fresh meal, good conversation, and music making. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Get Sunday brunch with a side of soul. The Northern Point Restaurant at the Ramada Plaza, Minneapolis, presents Gospel Brunch with Robert Robinson. Enjoy a brunch buffet with custom omelet stations while gospel great Robinson performs with pianist Sam Reeves. $12.99 adults, $5.99 kids. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Composting--everybody's doing it. Get with the program at Snail in the Park, sponsored by Slow Food Minnesota. Ginny Black, organics recycling specialist with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, will offer a backyard-to-statewide perspective on composting followed by a semi-potluck picnic: Slow Food will provide grilled meats and vegetarian options; you bring a side dish or dessert. $15/$10 for members. Minnehaha Park. 4 to 7 p.m.
- Get your fancy food fix. Treat yourself to Vincent's prix fixe lunch, a two-course lunch menu featuring Chef Vincent's latest culinary creation.
- You cheap bastard--be a hero (while protecting your pocketbook). Take your sweetie to Bryant Lake Bowl's Cheap Date Nite. Get two meals, a bottle of wine, and two games of bowling for $28. 6 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.