Turns out Pat Sajak and Vanna White are still at it. See one of Minneapolis's own spin the Wheel of Fortune at Kieran's Irish Pub, schedule your appointment with Santa, and get knocked three feet deep at the Aster Café this Week in Food.
- Get knocked three feet deep at Aster Café's Furthermore Beer + Wisconsin Cheese night. Taste selections of Furthermore including: Three Feet Deep, Knot Stock, Oscura, Proper, Make Weight, and Hopperbolic with various selections of Wisconsin cheese. $20. Validated parking in the ramp at 2nd and University. 7 to 10 p.m.
- Being gluten-free doesn't have to be a drag--especially at the holidays. Learn how to make meats, treats, and basic holiday items that won't wreck shop on your digestive system at Valley Natural Foods' "Gluten-Free for the Holidays" cooking class. Taste the gluten-free magic of the season. Pre-register by calling 952-891-1212. $32/$27 members. 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- It's tea time at Como Park's Marjorie McNeely Conservatory. Enjoy a three-course tea service followed by a behind-the-scenes tour of the conservatory--all decked out in its holiday finest. $45. Noon or 2 p.m. reservations available.
- Palomino, a 20-year veteran on the downtown Minneapolis circuit, will be closing its doors this month. Help this old pony ride off into the sunset with a Last Call Party. Enjoy drink and food specials, including some old menu favorites. Always a class act, Palomino will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Minneapolis House of Charity.
- The jolly fat man is in the house. Enjoy breakfast with Santa at Tria Restaurant in North Oaks. The big guy will be making an appearance from 10 a.m. to noon--bring your wish list and your appetite. Breakfast will include scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausages, bacon, and Parmesan leek potatoes, in addition to your choice of a mimosa, coffee or juice. Guests can also enjoy carriage rides from carriage rides with Wilson's Haflinger's Carriage Company. $20 adults/$12 kids plus tax and tip.
- Haute Dish + Perennial Plate Collaborate to offer a Harvest Dinner of vegetarian Minnesota food. Chef and filmmaker Daniel Klein will work with Haute Dish's crew to create a 4-course meal with 100% Minnesota-sourced ingredients. Cost is $50 per person. Limited space (only the first 50 reservations) available. Call 612.338.8484 for reservations.
- Take a spin on the Wheel of Fortune at Kieran's Irish Pub. Kieran's server Amelia recently returned from competing on the long-running game show, and her episode will air tonight on WCCO Channel 4. To celebrate, the pub will air the show and offer an extended happy hour and drink specials until 8 p.m. After the show, test your spelling prowess against Amelia in a Wii challenge on the main stage--those who beat her will earn a round of drinks and other prizes for themselves and four friends. 6:30 p.m.