You're not one to go on vacation and just...relax, are you?
If the thought of a weekend of bird watching and reading sounds like it would make you stir crazy, then book a room at Nisswa's Grand View Lodge during Harvest Table weekend, September 16-18, when you can spend your free time taking cooking classes and enjoying fine food and wine. The chef and sommelier from Grand View Lodge's new restaurant, Cru, are partnering with Cooks of Crocus Hill to create a weekend of culinary education and good eating.
Check out the details:[jump]
Harvest Table Schedule
* Friday 7:30 p.m., Lodge Deck: Welcome Wine Tasting and Tapas
* Saturday 10:00 a.m., Lodge Kitchen: Breakfast Demonstration Class Making harvest frittata, green salad, olive oil tasting
* Saturday 2:00 p.m., Lodge Kitchen: Quick Appetizer Demonstration Creating a variety of bruschettas and smoked bloody Marys
* Saturday 6:00 p.m. Heritage Room: Evening Wine Dinner Feast on seared scallops with grilled shrimp, polenta, and sweet corn sauce, ratatouille- stuffed tomatoes, flat iron steak with Gorgonzola butter and roasted cauliflower steak with Brie sauce, and flourless chocolate torte
* Sunday 8:00 a.m. Grand Dining Room: Breakfast Buffet at your leisure
Cost is $399 per person (a spouse rate is available for $180 a night and includes breakfast each day) plus tax and includes two nights deluxe lodging with breakfast at Grand View Lodge, cooking classes, and events, plus 20% off services at Glacial Waters Spa (Sunday), a special guest rate at the Pines golf course, and a kitchen gift from Grand View Lodge.
Spouses may join the Saturday evening wine dinner for an additional $65. The non-lodging rate (Saturday cooking classes only) is $99/person.
For reservations, call 866.867.8939.
Previous Coverage Cru now open in Nisswa's Grand View Lodge