Football or Piccolo? Best of Hot Dish: January 31-February 4, 2011
This weekend sees the world championship of football and warmer temperatures--what could be better? In the meantime, we'd like you to chew on some fine food news this week. In this big-game edition of the weekly wrap-up, you'll find reports on the free, the favorite, the future, and the foodie, in addition to a classy recipe for your high-brow Super Bowl guests and a suggestion to the player-haters among you.
And, to kick it off...
- The Free--IHOP's pancake contest (for Good Samaritans only)
- The Favorite--The Hot Dish kicked off its 2011 Favorite Dishes with 100, 99, 98, 97, 96...
- The Future--Steak from a lab?
- The Foodie--Enjoy both football and food? Rachel lists the foodie-est sports bars.
- The Classy--Super Bowl recipes made from White Castle slyders. A MUST READ!
The Hot Dish wishes you a fab football weekend. And, if you hate the sport--hear there are tables open at Piccolo on Sunday. Just sayin'.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.