Farewells, chicken coops, and more in the Best of the Week: September 5-9, 2011
The Hot Dish posted this week on a few downtown Minneapolis staples that are flying the coop, plus stories on what may be the manliest restaurant in America and a bit of Twin Cities soul food history. As summer winds down and the fair is in our rear view mirror, here's a great set of Hot Dish items to keep your weekend interesting.
- So long Cold Stone Creamery and the Hard Rock Café. Is it the end of Block E?
- Not to worry, as the nearby Cowles Center will have Cravings.
- Gopher Bar is in the running to be America's manliest restaurant. Wow.
- Take a Big E walk down memory lane.
- Into chickens? Check out the coop tour.
Enjoy your weekend, and if you join the parade of chicken coops, please tell us about it!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.