Fabulous Catering prepares wild game this Week in Food
Autumn arrives in the Twin Cities. Take down some tequila, preserve some kraut, prepare your wild game, and follow it all up with a Farm Fresh Feast this Week in Food.
We admit Maple Grove is a haul, but hey, it's for tequila. Mm...tequila. Tonight Pittsburgh Blue hosts its tequila dinner where guests will be introduced to a variety of tequila drinks involving tomatoes, cilantro, hot sauce, drambuie, and soda. There also will be sweet potato soup, braised brisket with ancho anejo glaze, and for dessert, cinnamon-sugar churros paired with a chili/chocolate/coffee tequila beverage. Call for reservations: 763-416-2663. $70 plus tax and gratuity. 6:30 p.m.
DIY pheasant at Fabulous Catering.
- Hop in the car and drive to Italy. Enjoy a five-course Italian wine dinner at Muffuletta. Chef Jason Schellin will pair fine Italian wines with local ingredients to create a meal including braised grass-fed beef and wild mushroom ravioli with house-made ricotta and red wine jus among other incredible courses. Call for reservations 651-644-9116. $65 plus tax and gratuity. 6:30 p.m.
- Get your draft pick--every Thursday in October, Pizza Nea is offering a free Oktoberfest draft with the purchase of a pizza. Not a fan of German beer? Substitute a free Moretti Italian lager tap or a glass of wine ($7.50 and under).
- Put the fish first for once. Attend Fish First at the Minnesota Zoo and learn the importance of buying fish from sustainable sources. Be rewarded for your environmentalism with seafood dishes from some of the Twin Cities' top chefs and live music. $50--proceeds benefit the zoo's conservation efforts. 6:30 p.m.
- Two days. Forty chefs. Three hundred wines. Think you can hack it? Put your eating and drinking limits to the test at Taste 2010: Mpls-St. Paul Magazine's Ultimate Wine and Dine. Sample tastings, watch demonstrations, and take classes with the city's most revered chefs and renowned wine experts. TCF Bank Stadium. October 8-9.
- Get a taste of preserving at Seward Coop's "Small Batch Preserving" class. Practice preserving grape walnut conserve, tangy sauerkraut, and marinated red bell peppers and learn how to use these items in cooking throughout the year. $30/25 for members. 1 to 3 p.m.
- Not sure what to do with that deer or pheasant? Get yourself to DIY Wild Game at Fabulous Catering, hosted by the Minnesota Historical Society and Gastro Non Grata. Chef Brian Crouch, and Mike DeCamp, Chef de Cuisine at La Belle Vie restaurant will offer tips and tricks on how to prepare your meat. $20/$15 MHS members. 3 to 5 p.m.
- It's a full on Farm Fresh Feast, hosted by Red Stag Supperclub and benefiting the Emergency Foodshelf Network. Partnering with Restauranteur Kim Bartmann, Chef Jason Blair will prepare a multi-course, farm-to-table dinner paired with local wine and beer. Reserve your seats at 612-767-7766. $75. 5 to 10 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.