F you! in the Best of the Hot Dish: August 15-19, 2011
For some odd reason, there's a whole lotta Fs in this week's Hot Dish, and we feel it's time to give the letter its due. Luckily those Fs coincide with some great posts that deserve a second (or first) look. Here goes:
- Festival! This time it's all about Kramarczuk's Kielbasa
- Food-flavored lip balms--and more specifically Franken Berry, Lucky Charms and Trix. Scary.
- Free Fair Flavors--how can you go wrong with a Kemp's ice cream lick-off?
- Food Network--it has settled a suit with local producer David Page about Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
- Finally, Four and Five-- four indie food trends stolen by the chains and five restaurants worth the drive.
We're outta here and thinking about all the green tomatoes we'll be frying up this weekend. See you next week!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.