Cooking with Spam: 10 recipe ideas
Photo courtesy of flickr.com
Yeah, we know Spam is kind of weird, but trust us on this one--it can be used in most recipes in the place of ham and, actually, it's pretty tasty.
1. Spam fried rice--like regular fried rice, only spammier.
2. Deluxe Spam bake--prepare a glaze of brown sugar and hot pepper jelly. Place Spam in baking pan, glaze and spike with cloves and pineapple. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes, glazing every 10 minutes.
3. Spamburger--cut into squares or form into patties and pan fry. Dress like a regular burger.
5. Spam cheese ball--add Spam to traditional cheese ball recipe and enjoy extra specialness.
6. Spam corn chowder--use Spam in place of-- you guessed it--ham.
7. Spam casserole--mix with boiled macaroni, cream of mushroom soup, sautéed celery and onion, season to taste. Bake at 350 for a half-hour.
8. Sweet and sour Spam--substitute Spam in your fave sweet and sour recipe.
9. Cheesy Spam bites--place on crackers, top with cheese and bake 'til cheese melts.
10. Spam macaroni salad--mixed with boiled macaroni, celery, green onions, sour cream and mustard. Season to taste.
Do you have a great Spam recipe? We would love to hear your ideas!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.