The big V-Day is just a week away. Prepare early with four-course wine dinners, romantic wine tasting, and Whiskey Jeff and the Beer Back Band.
- Make it a four-course Monday: Head to Restaurant Alma for Matt Cline's Three Wine Company Wine Dinner. Enjoy a four-course meal with five select wines. Seatings at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30 p.m. Reservations by phone only. $75
- With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's time for a little romance. Sample a variety of red, white, and dessert wines at France 44's "Romance Wines" in preparation for the big day. $30. 6:30 p.m.
- Think your chili has what it takes? Compete in the Northern Clay Center's Chili Cook-off. Categories include red, vegetarian, and white chili. Prizes awarded for taste, appearance, texture, and overall best. Includes a demonstration on how to make a chili bowl. Contestants should drop off a gallon of chili between 11 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Registration recommended. $5. Tasting from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Take your sweetie on an early Valentine's date at the Afton House Inn. Dine on a four-course meal that includes chef-selected canapés, fried Pacific oysters, avocado and grapefruit salad, and bison flank steak. Dessert is a chocolate-cherry bombe. All courses paired with fine wines. $49.95 per person plus tax and gratuity. 6:30 p.m.
- Want to save on the drive? Stay closer to town at I Nonni Osteria. Enjoy a six-course, Valentine-inspired tasting menu from Chef Walter Buffalo. The restaurant's full seasonal menu also will be available. Reservations required. Friday through Monday.
- It's that time again--time for cheap, gourmet food, solid amounts of booze, and rockin' live music. In short: It's Gastro non Grata time. Take in the Valentine's edition tonight with libations from Southern Tier brewing company, food from Chowgirls Catering, and dessert from Haute Dish's Christian Aldrich, as well as music by 4onthefloor, Whiskey Jeff and the Beer Back Band, and Running Sacred. $8 advance/$10 at the door. 7 p.m., Triple Rock Social Club.