Chocolat Celeste catches kisses on camera this Week in Food
Wine, chocolate, and tea-smoked rabbit--it's a taster's delight this Week in Food.
- Ring in the Chinese New Year at 20.21. Enjoy a five-course meal influenced by traditional Chinese cuisine. After dinner, take a stroll through the Walker and start the year off on an artistic foot. $100-$150. 5:30 p.m. (Through February 5.)
- Get your buzz on without breaking your pocketbook. Taste and learn about terrific wines under $15 at Ginger Hop. $40. 6:30 p.m.
- In need of a little luck? Head to Big Bowl February 2-6 and celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with an array of foods said to bring good fortune. Start off with Tea Smoked Rabbit Lettuce Wraps, Crab Wonton, and BBQ Rabbit Soup, then move on to Long Life Noodles with Sichuan Rabbit and Chive Blossoms. Wash it down with house-made Blood Orange Ginger Ale. Visit www.bigbowl.com for more information on Chinese New Year traditions and symbolism.
- Spice up your life at the Wedge. Get tips for adding spices to your food and chow down on a spice-infused meal. $30; $20 members. 7 p.m.
- Get a smooch caught on camera at Chocolat Celeste. The local chocolatier will host an evening of chocolate and wine tastings with photographer Bonnie Fournier, who will snap couples sharing a Valentine smooch. 3 to 7 p.m.
- Happy hour doesn't always come at the right hour. Forget racing out of work or staying up past your bedtime--enjoy happy hour at Sea Change from 8 to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Specials include: $5 Absolute or Jamison cocktail, $5 glass of red or white wine, $3 Grain Belt, and $5 burger or fish sandwich
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.