Blue Plate serves up Election Day discounts; Muddy Pig taps its 700th beer this Week in Food.
- Forget the ATM, you've got this. Bryant Lake Bowl's Cheap Date Nite makes it easy to seem impressive. Enjoy two meals, a bottle of wine, and two games of bowling (including the shoes!) for $28. Every Monday from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Get out the vote and be rewarded.
The Library of Congress
- Vote and be rewarded. Show up to any Blue Plate Restaurant (Longfellow Grill, Highland Grill, Edina Grill, Groveland Tap, or Three Squares)
with your "I Voted" stickerand say "Happy Election Day" to receive 25% off your meal.
- Tonight's the night: The Muddy Pig taps its 700th beer. In the last eight years, the local pub has served 700 different draft beers and to celebrate, they'll tap a keg of Bell's Batch 9000, a 12.5% imperial stout. And they won't stop there--number 701 will be their lone keg of Surly Darkness. Don't miss this momentous event. 5 p.m.
- What if all it took to fulfill someone's wish was to drink wine and eat great food from local chefs? Such is the case at the Make-A-Wish Foundation's Delicious Wishes event to be held at All Inc., the Midwest's largest cabinet and appliance showroom. Local chefs will prepare food in all seven of All Inc.'s showroom kitchens, while guests partake in wine tastings, sample gourmet dishes, and watch live cooking demonstrations. $50/$150 VIP. Visit www.minnesota.wish.org to purchase tickets for the event.
- Carnivores prepare for a challenge: Mississippi Market's Meat Sample Day. In celebration of its new, full-service meat and seafood counter, the local co-op will host some of its local meat producers and offer meat samples throughout the day including its homemade brats and roasted chicken. Talk to local farmers and gather recipes. West 7th location; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Italians know how to do autumn right. Join Buon Giorno Italia and Osteria Il Nonni at its Grand Fall Wine Tasting. Sample more than 80 of Italy's finest wines, including Barolo, Barbaresco, Brunello, Amarone, Conero, Sagratino, Etna, and more. Il Nonni will also present homemade salumi and antipasti, as well as fine olive oils from various wine estates. 4 to 7 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.