Don't know about you but we're still bumming over last week's crushing loss of two of our favorite Minneapolis restaurants: Heidi's and Blackbird. You can check out Heidi's chef Stewart Woodman's recap of the traumatic day and gratitude for the outpouring of support in the aftermath on his site. Meanwhile, some actual good stuff happened this week, we swear, and some stuff worth repeating. Check it out:
- Dome dogs are dead!
- Should restaurant service be conscripted?
- Dakota Chef Jack Riebel won $5,000 with his lingonberry prowess.
- Two new places opened up: Bin Wine Bar and Terra Waconia.
- Some of our chefs got some mad props from James Beard.
- Black Sheep's open for lunch -- bout time!
It's supposed to be awesome weather this weekend -- have a great one!