Best of Hot Dish: February 15-19, 2010
We interrupt your regularly-scheduled Olympics-watching (or snarking -- check out The Onion's description of Lindsey Vonn) to bring you word of what we've been up to this week:
- Anyone heard of mourvedre? What about romorantin? Or cinsault? We hadn't either. We learned about some unusual wines from the folks over at Solo Vino this week.
- Coffee explosion! Bull Run Roasters' "surprisingly uncomplicated vacuum filtering system not only makes for a more consistent, flavorful drink but also looks really cool and involves fire."
- No mention of its pierogis, but Kramarczuk's is on board to serve up its bratwurst as well as its Polish and Hungarian sausages come baseball season at the new Twin stadium.
- You heard the Travel Channel was in town to record an episode about Ju(i)cy Lucys for its new "Food Wars" show right? We got in on the action.
- CP "Foodography" blogger Kate NG Sommers snapped shots of some adorable macaroons (omg) this week. Check out what other foodie activities she got up to last week, which included hanging out with yet another local celebuchef.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Minneapolis & St. Paul dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.