Now who will be Perez Hilton's favorite T-Wolf?
When you are the Timberwolves designated bench warmer dating one of those "Why are they famous?" D-list celebs, you've got to make your life exciting somehow, right?
Showing signs of life, the Wolves beat the high-flying Phoenix Suns. Also, Shawn Marion warns us not to mess with Illinois.
LeBron James excels, Rashad McCants doesn't, and Gerald Green(!) emerges. Oh, and the Wolves lose, 96-87, falling to 1-8 on the season.
We were again treated to a game that could have bored even the bubbly dance team to tears, yet some of the players showed up for their job last night. I did as well. By Stephen Litel
My criticism of Coach Wittman recently has been that he has not put his players in a position to succeed, but on this night that is the criticism on Garnett. It may be difficult and odd to say it, but this loss is on Garnett. By Stephen Litel
Stephen Litel talks to the legendary Larry Bird about Kevin Garnett. By Stephen Litel
1. A Smart Rotation 2.A Rare Reason to Like the Future 3. James Emerges, Blount Pouts, Both Contribute
1. Vintage KG 2. Mike James Has A Pulse 3. The Swingman Glut: McCants Instead of Davis and What Happens to Marko?
The Wolves' massive overhaul begins with top pick Randy Foye
1. Debating Banks 2. Davis vs. Szczerbiak 3. Clear as mud
1. Flunking the tryout 2. Kudos to Justin Reed 3. McCants also on the shelf?
1. Garnett on the pine 2.Eddie Griffin's step backward 3. A couple of gamers
1. Perfect timing 2.Hassell, McCants and Banks should get the minutes 3. A quick little kudo to Justin Reed
1. Good enough to screw themselves? 2. Looking on the bright side 3. My Ricky Davis problem
1. Fill out this form in triplicate. Twice. 2. Half court freelancers. 3. A starter's penalty.
This year's Wolves: I screwed up--I trusted them
1. Praise for Davis and for boxing out. 2. KG crunch time foul line = victory. 3. Liking McCants
1. Three into two 2. Reed and Jaric. Not pretty, just effective. 3. Belated praise for Jim Peterson
1. Leadership 2. A gentleman on the sidelines 3. Banks is da man...unless the roulette wheel changes again.
1. Stupid and Lazy 2. Honeymoon over for Dwane Casey 3. Opinions are like brains...everybody's got one
The Wolves' current squad is either inching toward improvement or crawling into the dustbin
1.Two for the money 2. Sooner or later... 3. Slow train comin'
1. Eddie fits right in 2. Deck the boughs with hails of Wally 3. Quick takes on Marko and McCants
1. Another flash of McCants 2.Lessons from the first meeting 3.Big man substitution patterns
1. 4th Quarter Warriors 2.A good game for Pete 3.A cry from the peanut gallery: McCants over Frahm!
1. Sorry Point Guards 2. A tired Kandi. 3. In search of a Number 2 scorer.
1. No boards. 2. The Adventures of Marko Jaric. 3. Attention! McCants is Outdefending Wally
The Wolves muff a golden opportunity for a fast start
After most Wolves' games, I'll pick three points to riff on for as long or as little as I feel like it. In the wake of the Wolves' 90-86 victory over Portland to kick off the 2005-06 season, the topics are Jaric-KG, Casey-McCants, and Miles-NBA All Star Game.
They might not be giants, but the 2005-'06 Timberwolves will be better than you think: An opening night FAQ
The Wolves, with little to lose, may go for broke