Tonight, Kevin Garnett plays in Minneapolis for what may be the final time.The man who made NBA basketball relevant in Minnesota will soon be 36 and is in his 16th NBA season. With averages of 15.6 points and 8.1 rebounds per game, KG's production is still solid, but nagging leg injuries have rob ... More >>
Surely, there was a part of Kevin Garnett wondering why Glen Taylor enjoys watching his talent wasted on teammates who either are not talented enough or have the talent, but not the heart. By Stephen Litel
My criticism of Coach Wittman recently has been that he has not put his players in a position to succeed, but on this night that is the criticism on Garnett. It may be difficult and odd to say it, but this loss is on Garnett. By Stephen Litel
1.The Randy Wittman Show 2. A Toasted Superstar 3. A Sprained Dog and Who Wants to Start at the Point?
1. A Smart Rotation 2.A Rare Reason to Like the Future 3. James Emerges, Blount Pouts, Both Contribute
1. Coffin Nails 2. Just two reliables 3. Bad stats
1. James and Foye and Jaric, oh my 2. And the Paint was as Bad as the Point 3. Quick hits
1. Did Somebody Say Inconsistent? 2. A Short Honeymoon for Marko? 3. The Yeoman
1. Vintage KG 2. Mike James Has A Pulse 3. The Swingman Glut: McCants Instead of Davis and What Happens to Marko?
1. Point guard woes 2. Good explosives from Ricky Davis 3. Good timing for a returning McCants
As a man, Dwane Casey is a class act. As a coach, he was unable to make a mediocre team become something more.
1. Ricky's Rebellion 2. Garnett's Ejection 3. Hat's Off to Hassell and Foye
1. Par For the Course 2. Naming Names 3. Wishful Rumor Mongering
1. Garnett Dominates 2. The Weird and Apparently Wonderful Point Guard Situation 3. Quick hits.
1. PG FG: 1-15 2. Davis Comes To Play 3. Quick hits.
1. Blount Is Spelled With a Sweet J 2. Foye Seizing Point Guard Mantle 3. The Bread and Butter and Three Other Quick Hits
1) 3 Remains the Charm 2) Losing James 3) Bracey Wright stakes his claim
1) There is no D in backcourt 2) Figuring how Blount fits 3) Quick hits
1) Goats with no backbones 2) This one's not on Casey 3) Do or Die Week?
1) Foye leaps up the pecking order 2) Testy Superstar 3) Just win baby
1) The return of Avis 2) Perspective on Casey 3) Quick takes
1) Two examples 2) Bad timing 3) Putting the Kobe/KG canard to rest
Prince went to Vegas. Smokers went to Maplewood. Tapes 'N Tapes went to the moon. And sometime after the last zombie dance party got busted, we wrote it all down for you.
1) No contest at the point 2) Pops takes it away 3) Second guessing
1) Too thorough to be a fluke 2) This Blount object not a bad thing 3) Dreaming Iverson
1) Casey defies critics, still triumphs 2) That's Davis with a D...on the bench at crunctime 3) KG's unsung defense
1) Quality in the backcourt for a change 2) Bravo Casey: A shorter bench with the rooks still involved 3) Quick hits
1) Many players, not enough roles 2) Scolding the Hassell haters, and Marko's marvelous adventure 3) A pair of coaching moves that furrow the brow
1) Messing with James 2) Youth must be served 3) KG's typical excellence and other quick hits
1) Teasing the Wade comparison 2) Swingman minutes and my usual bias 3) Hit and run observations
1. The rotation is so close to being complete 2. The focus is just not there 3. Going way out on a limb By Stephen Litel
1) The Declining Role of Kevin Garnett 2) More Griffin and less Avis 3) Silver linings
1)Casey opts for defense when it matters most 2)The Huddy Rollercoaster 3) Heroic co-captains
The Wolves owner speaks with brutal candor about Kevin McHale, Kevin Garnett, and the trials and failures of the past two seasons.
1. Perfect timing 2.Hassell, McCants and Banks should get the minutes 3. A quick little kudo to Justin Reed
The first weekend of the NBA playoffs is more than half over and I still haven't put my virtual money or my mouth on the line as to who will advance past the first round. Thus, without getting into too many details (the round will be over if I start spouting; although I'll try to chime in here a few ... More >>