With each win that the Wolves notch from now until the end of the season, they find themselves close to losing their first round pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. By Stephen Litel
My criticism of Coach Wittman recently has been that he has not put his players in a position to succeed, but on this night that is the criticism on Garnett. It may be difficult and odd to say it, but this loss is on Garnett. By Stephen Litel
Stephen Litel talks to the legendary Larry Bird about Kevin Garnett. By Stephen Litel
1.The Randy Wittman Show 2. A Toasted Superstar 3. A Sprained Dog and Who Wants to Start at the Point?
1. Coffin Nails 2. Just two reliables 3. Bad stats
1. James and Foye and Jaric, oh my 2. And the Paint was as Bad as the Point 3. Quick hits
1. Did Somebody Say Inconsistent? 2. A Short Honeymoon for Marko? 3. The Yeoman
1. Vintage KG 2. Mike James Has A Pulse 3. The Swingman Glut: McCants Instead of Davis and What Happens to Marko?
1. Point guard woes 2. Good explosives from Ricky Davis 3. Good timing for a returning McCants
1. Garnett Dominates 2. The Weird and Apparently Wonderful Point Guard Situation 3. Quick hits.
1) Foye leaps up the pecking order 2) Testy Superstar 3) Just win baby
1) Too thorough to be a fluke 2) This Blount object not a bad thing 3) Dreaming Iverson
1) Teasing the Wade comparison 2) Swingman minutes and my usual bias 3) Hit and run observations
1)Casey opts for defense when it matters most 2)The Huddy Rollercoaster 3) Heroic co-captains
The Wolves' massive overhaul begins with top pick Randy Foye
1. Flunking the tryout 2. Kudos to Justin Reed 3. McCants also on the shelf?
Sooner or later, Kevin Garnett will leave Minnesota without a championship
1. Fill out this form in triplicate. Twice. 2. Half court freelancers. 3. A starter's penalty.
This year's Wolves: I screwed up--I trusted them
1. Mark Blount is not the answer. 2. Bad night for Marko. 3. Nice guys finish...
1. Three into two 2. Reed and Jaric. Not pretty, just effective. 3. Belated praise for Jim Peterson
1. Ineffective timeouts February is KG's cruelest month 3. Ex-Celtics update
In an otherwise disastrous season for the Wolves, Trenton Hassell is quietly having a career year
1. Stupid and Lazy 2. Honeymoon over for Dwane Casey 3. Opinions are like brains...everybody's got one
The Wolves' current squad is either inching toward improvement or crawling into the dustbin
1. Casey passes gut-check 2. Marko Jaric resurrects his intensity 3.Kandi as enforcer off the bench
Disaster in Florida may mark the start of a gruesome January for the Wolves
1. Too many goats 2. Calling out McCants 3. Tough sledding this week
1. Another flash of McCants 2.Lessons from the first meeting 3.Big man substitution patterns
Since when could the Wolves hold their opponents to fewer than 90 points a game?
1. 4th Quarter Warriors 2.A good game for Pete 3.A cry from the peanut gallery: McCants over Frahm!
Marko Jaric needs to grow into his new job, fast
1. No boards. 2. The Adventures of Marko Jaric. 3. Attention! McCants is Outdefending Wally
The Wolves muff a golden opportunity for a fast start
After most Wolves' games, I'll pick three points to riff on for as long or as little as I feel like it. In the wake of the Wolves' 90-86 victory over Portland to kick off the 2005-06 season, the topics are Jaric-KG, Casey-McCants, and Miles-NBA All Star Game.
They might not be giants, but the 2005-'06 Timberwolves will be better than you think: An opening night FAQ