We were again treated to a game that could have bored even the bubbly dance team to tears, yet some of the players showed up for their job last night. I did as well. By Stephen Litel
With each win that the Wolves notch from now until the end of the season, they find themselves close to losing their first round pick in the 2007 NBA Draft. By Stephen Litel
The rebounding battle was the telling stat in this game. When Eddie Jones pulls down the same amount of rebounds as Kevin Garnett, the Timberwolves are not going to win.
1. A Smart Rotation 2.A Rare Reason to Like the Future 3. James Emerges, Blount Pouts, Both Contribute
1. Coffin Nails 2. Just two reliables 3. Bad stats
1. James and Foye and Jaric, oh my 2. And the Paint was as Bad as the Point 3. Quick hits
1. Par For the Course 2. Naming Names 3. Wishful Rumor Mongering
1. PG FG: 1-15 2. Davis Comes To Play 3. Quick hits.
1. Blount Is Spelled With a Sweet J 2. Foye Seizing Point Guard Mantle 3. The Bread and Butter and Three Other Quick Hits
1) 3 Remains the Charm 2) Losing James 3) Bracey Wright stakes his claim
1) There is no D in backcourt 2) Figuring how Blount fits 3) Quick hits
1) Goats with no backbones 2) This one's not on Casey 3) Do or Die Week?
1) Foye leaps up the pecking order 2) Testy Superstar 3) Just win baby
1) Too thorough to be a fluke 2) This Blount object not a bad thing 3) Dreaming Iverson
1) Many players, not enough roles 2) Scolding the Hassell haters, and Marko's marvelous adventure 3) A pair of coaching moves that furrow the brow
1) Messing with James 2) Youth must be served 3) KG's typical excellence and other quick hits
1) Teasing the Wade comparison 2) Swingman minutes and my usual bias 3) Hit and run observations
1. No rest for the weary 2. Where was Foye? 3. Give credit where credit is due
1) The Declining Role of Kevin Garnett 2) More Griffin and less Avis 3) Silver linings
1)Casey opts for defense when it matters most 2)The Huddy Rollercoaster 3) Heroic co-captains
On Wednesday--that's tomorrow night for online readers--the CP cover story will be Britt Robson's pre-season interview with the remarkably candid Glen Taylor. Here's a short excerpt, on the subject of last year's trade of Wally Szczerbiak to Boston. City Pages: What about the deal with Boston? ... More >>
Sooner or later, Kevin Garnett will leave Minnesota without a championship
1. Good enough to screw themselves? 2. Looking on the bright side 3. My Ricky Davis problem
1. Fill out this form in triplicate. Twice. 2. Half court freelancers. 3. A starter's penalty.
1. Praise for Davis and for boxing out. 2. KG crunch time foul line = victory. 3. Liking McCants
1. Planning to lose 2. Sugar-coating 3. The Yeoman
1. Mark Blount is not the answer. 2. Bad night for Marko. 3. Nice guys finish...
1. Bench is a bust. 2. The Go-Go Wolves and solving the turnover riddle. 3. Bits and pieces
1. Return of the 6-11 superstar. 2. Davis gets the minutes. 3. An Eddie Griffin sighting.
1. Ineffective timeouts February is KG's cruelest month 3. Ex-Celtics update
1. Upping the tempo 2. Blount as albatross 3. Davis manhandled by Harpring
1. Centers of Attention 2.Hasselling LBJ 3.Oh yeah, the zone
The Wolves' trade with the Boston Celtics pays immediate dividends. But will they last?
1. Mr. Negative 2.McCants on a tear. 3.Kudos after all.