City Pages is looking for an unpaid intern to join their Marketing &
Promotions Department for Fall 2014. This unique opportunity offers
students a chance to gain hands-on experience working for a local media
company. The internship is offered on a for-credit basis only and must be
taken in conjunction with a college course.
- Signature Event Marketing: Collaborate on publicity and marketing
efforts for signature events. Email and phone correspondence with
vendors and sponsors leading up to the event and onsite support the day of.
- Online Promotions: Manage the Promotions Page on Citypages.com. Update
online event listings, Street Team slideshows, featured promotions and
handle online contesting weekly.
- Street Team: Work closely with the Promotions Coordinator & Marketing
Manager on planning and executing brand activation onsite at
assist and support all efforts of the City Pages Street Team.
- Brand Marketing: Assist the Marketing Manager in the creation of
innovative marketing and promotions strategies for City Pages products
including mobile apps, email newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Social Media Management: Assist the Marketing Manager in efforts to
engage and grow various social media platforms including Foursquare,
Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and eligible
to receive college credit for the internship.
- Must be able to provide City Pages with a formal credit letter (on
college/university letterhead) stating that the student is eligible to
received course credit for the internship. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The duration of the internship will reflect the length of the
student’s semester – our fall program ideally would run late August –
- Number of hours worked and start date are ultimately determined by
student’s internship advisor/school, but our position typically requires
a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Schedule of hours is flexible and mutually agreed upon by supervisor
and student (open availability on Mondays and Fridays is preferred).
City Pages is the Twin Cities go to source for local news, arts, music and
entertainment, is seeking an energetic, outgoing individual for Multi-Media
Advertising Account Executive position.
The right candidate will be responsible for selling multi-platform
advertising solutions including Digital Advertising (email, banner
advertising, text messaging, local SEO, mobile apps and mobile websites and
a daily deal product), Print advertising, Event Sponsorships and annual
glossy publications to an eclectic and exciting group of clients
- Prospecting for a minimum of 25 leads per week
- Making minimum of 150 outbound sales calls and securing and completing
a minimum of 10 outside appointments per week
- Building relationships with clients
- Assisting in the marketing plan of each client
- Assisting clients with their ad campaign and involved in the
- Informing clients about and assisting with any promotional
- Keeping in contact with and servicing current clients
Successful applicants should be motivated, smart on their feet, outgoing
and personable, competitive and posses a strong work ethic. Successful
reps here understand that you get out what you put in to a sales position.
- Sales experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong skill set with developing and building business relationships
- Solid understanding of the online marketing/advertising industry
- History of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- The drive to exceed expectations, out-perform your peers, and thrive
in a team environment.
- Dependable Transportation, Valid Drivers License and Insurance
- PC literacy is necessary, including MS Office.
- A fun and exciting work environment
- Unlimited earning potential
- A Career path in sales and management
- Sliding Scale Base salary + commission + bonus
- Sales Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance and 401(k)
- Paid time off your first year and 20 vacation days after only 4 years!
- Additional optional benefits such as Legal Plan Services, Pet
- Insurance and Auto/Home Insurance
If you are interested in this position Please send cover letter and resume
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Are you a motivated, driven and experienced Digital Sales Specialist with
a proven history of closing business?
Do you have a current book of business and experience selling to large,
local businesses with a focus on digital advertising solutions?
This position requires an energetic and strategic entrepreneur who will
champion VOICE Media Group in the Twin Cities. As a Digital Sales
Specialist, you’ll use a consultative selling approach to build
relationships with local businesses. And you’ll have a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to sell a broad set of solutions from our extensive suite of
services, such as:
1. Search Engine Marketing (PPC)
2. Display Advertising (Banner Advertising)
3. Web Presence Optimization, including services for Organic Search, Social
Media Marketing and Reputation Management
If you’re highly entrepreneurial, confident, and passionate, with a proven
track record of sales achievement, you might be just the person we’re
- Competitive Compensation Structure
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Company Holidays
Please state your salary requirements clearly in a cover letter.
Email Resume with Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.