On sunlit afternoons the interior of the former Adath Jeshurun synagogue at 34th and Dupont in South Minneapolis is bathed in light filtering through stained-glass windows that flank the sanctuary. Installed in 1927 when the stone temple was erected, the panorama of panes tells in vivid detail a history of the Jewish people from Genesis on down. When the former owners sold the building to the First Unitarian Universalist Church five years ago, they left behind not only the structure's ornate windows--now in need of an estimated $100,000 in repairs--but a monument to the end of an era that had kept Jewish families segregated in the northern... More >>>