Reader Silas Berkowitz responds to 'I'm an illegal immigrant': Mona Ali is tired of hiding from the American Dream:
Give me your tired, your hungry... Or is it "tough luck?"
I don't think compassion should end at the border. These are real people fleeing real war and horrors. I can't pretend to know what they've gone through because I was lucky enough to be born in the U.S.
I believe in a compassionate America, or we have no right to pretend to be a beacon of anything. If you disagree, that's fine. But I'm not sure why you're dancing around the fact that you're saying "it's not our problem."
- 'I'm an illegal immigrant': Mona Ali is tired of hiding from the American dream
- Trump's immigration policies have people on edge, leading to runaway rumors
- Professor Dan Demetriou's anti-immigrant rant inspires teach-in at University of Minnesota-Morris
- Sheriff Rich Stanek, Chief Todd Axtell want out of Trump's order on immigration enforcement
- Are immigration agents 'on Lake Street' in Minneapolis? Facebook sure thinks so
- Minneapolis businesses throw wedding for Indian couple amid immigration uncertainty
- Dear immigrants: Thank you for choosing America