Wisconsin protesters' Capitol invasion caught on video
State troopers and protesters clash.
Tempers are flaring in Madison, where Republicans in the Assembly have used a controversial and possibly illegal maneuver to ram through a public employee union-busting bill.
The Senate voted on the measure last night. The Assembly takes it up today -- if members can get past protesters blocking their way.
Gov. Scott Walker says he'll sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk.
Last night, as word spread about what GOP leaders had accomplished, pro-union protesters descended on the Capitol and shoved their way past state troopers tasked with keeping them at bay. Scuffles broke out amid the shouting and drum banging.
At one point you can hear someone chant "Peaceful! Peaceful!" But it looks and sounds like pure bedlam.
- Scott Walker wins: Republican Senate passes union-buston bill Scott Walker cracks a little on union bustingNick Milroy, Wis. Democrat, tackled by police for trying to get to his office [VIDEO]
- Republican claims Wisconsin senate Democrats getting homesick
- Scott Walker: Wisconsin has buyer's remorse
- Madison police chief, mayor troubled by Scott Walker's comments
- Scott Walker phone fail: Wis. governor falls for prank call you wouldn't believe
- Bachmann wants Obama to be more like Wisconsin governor, but Americans don't
- Wisconsin 14 won't get paychecks until they come home
- Wisconsin police hunt down Democratic senators over union-busting bill
- Bachmann vs. Obama on Wisconsin unions
- Wisconsin will call out National Guard against striking state workers
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes