When it comes to U salaries, Tubby, Blake-Davis top Bruininks
The prestige that comes with being the president of world-class university is vast, but when it comes to compensation, University of Minnesota President Bob Bruininks can't hold a candle to his head basketball coach, Tubby Smith.
That and some other interesting salary data were posted today by The Minnesota Daily. Among its findings: The 96 faculty are the Carlson School of Management, earn an average salary of $194,799 -- the highest on campus.
The Daily says these are the five highest earners on campus:
- Tubby Smith, head basketball coach: $630,000 salary, $1,783,150 in actual earnings.
- Alison Davis-Blake, dean of the Carlson School: $477,000 salary, $478,560 actual earnings.
- Bob Bruininks, president of the University: $455,000 salary, $455,000 actual earnings.
- Frank Cerra, dean of the Medical School: $439,570 salary, $485,003 actual earnings.
- Tim Brewster, head football coach: $408,000 salary, $850,640 actual earnings.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.