Vikings unveil stadium design: Top 10 tweets
Some think it looks suspiciously like a giant vagina. Others think it's just ugly.
In what will go down as one of the most ringing first-take endorsements of the Vikings new stadium design, Greg Jennings called it "serious."
THE BACKSTORY: New Vikings stadium design revealed [IMAGES]
So yeah, in general, folks weren't thrilled to learn that the east end of downtown will soon be occupied by a structure that looks like an invading alien community's space ship.
Here's our list of 10 of the funniest local tweets posted as renderings of the new stadium circulated around the internet.
Anybody else think the Vikings' stadium looks like a landing craft from the planet Zircon?-- Colin Covert (@colincovert) May 14, 2013
9. And the award for the most clever tweet goes to...
.@keull the new Vikings Stadium design is more Weisman than Heisman-- Susan Closmore (@sclosmore) May 14, 2013
8. What was wrong with the old retractable?
#Vikes HKS architect says glass is the new retractable. Like saying Ryan Leaf was the new Johnny Unitas.-- Ron Rosenbaum (@Ron_Rosenbaum) May 14, 2013
7. Earlier in the evening, Collin described the stadium design as "A 3D Vagina," and after taking a second look... boy, he's either onto something or he's on something.
"It's Vikings vs Packers at The Vulvadome here in Minneapolis."-- Ben Collin (TTBB) (@bennyc50) May 14, 2013
6. Some looked at the renderings and saw things other than vaginas:
The more I look at the new stadium the more it looks like REI in Bloomington...-- Dan Cole (@CommonManKFAN) May 14, 2013
5. Clever, but charging aliens a pay-per-view fee could've helped with the stadium funding shortfall.
4. It wouldn't be Minneapolis if there wasn't at least one path in there somewhere.
How many of the 7 levels in the Vikings' new Ice Palace have dedicated bike paths?-- Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) May 14, 2013
3. Conservative and liberal bloggers can agree on one thing: the Vikings stadium renderings are ugly.
2. Talk about the contract of a lifetime!
1. Forget the Vikings -- this is the ticket we really want.
I just went through about 50 photos of the new #Vikings stadium... and NOT ONE rendering for what WrestleMania is going to look like?-- Phil Mackey (@PMac21) May 14, 2013
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at email@example.com.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.