Vikings drop crazy "Snow Bowl" in Baltimore: Top 10 tweets
This game, man. pic.twitter.com/OOwYFky2JT-- Parker Hageman (@OverTheBaggy) December 8, 2013
At 3-9-1, the Vikings may be officially eliminated from playoff contention, but the team is nonetheless in the midst of one of the most entertaining seasons in franchise history.
Between the Monday Night Meltdown in October, a highly entertaining national TV victory over Washington in November, yesterday's crazy "Snow Bowl" in Baltimore, and all the intervening controversies, there haven't been many dull moments. But the wild ups and downs Vikings fans experienced during the last three minutes of yesterday's tilt in snowy Baltimore won't be topped. And as is usually the case with the Purple, Twitter exploded with wisecracks and interesting facts as the Vikings snatched defeat from the jaws of victory not once, not twice, but thrice.
SEE ALSO: Drunk Vikings fan tumbles down rows of Metrodome seats [VIDEO]
Below are the 10 best tweets we saw.
10. These two tweets encapsulate how crazy the end of the game was...
With 2:30 left in the Vikings-Ravens game, the score was 12-7 Vikings. 32 seconds left, Vikings are up 26-22.-- Zach Harper (@talkhoops) December 8, 2013
A visual look at the changes in win probability during the 4th qtr of the Vikings-Ravens game (note the final 2:07) pic.twitter.com/QsahmQPzIB-- ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 9, 2013
... and the craziness didn't end with the final gun:
Pete Bercich tells me Vikings plane was run into by catering truck, so another plane is coming in from Detroit to Balt. Can't make this up!-- Mark Rosen (@WCCORosen) December 8, 2013
9. After Jacoby Jones took a kick return to the house for what seemed to be a game-clinching touchdown -- Cordarrelle Patterson would have something to say about that -- the NFL Network's Rich Eisen wondered why Leslie Frazier didn't pull a Tomlin :
How did Leslie Frazier not trip him? It's expensive, but effective...-- Rich Eisen (@richeisen) December 8, 2013
8. John Kriesel's Minnesota nice was on display as Twitter reacted to Patterson's seemingly game-winning touchdown:
7. Jerome Simpson celebrated his first-ever TD with the Vikings in style:
6. And Adrian Peterson sounded off on Baltimore fans after the game:
So You just enjoying the game & the next thing you know ur hit in the face with a ball of ice correction not snowballs ICE BALLS.-- Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson) December 9, 2013
Not funny or fun! That's all I'm saying,it wasn't cool. Like it or not that's how I feel about it!-- Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson) December 9, 2013
5. St. Paul native and former Vikings/Ravens player Matt Birk wanted the players to suck it up...
Any player wearing sleeves today gets zero cred. #ItsFootballBeTough-- Matt Birk (@BirkMatt) December 8, 2013
4. ....and on that note:
3. Who can forget the snow plow driver who tried to run over the Vikings?
Snow plow just trying to take out the Vikings line https://t.co/aeEICx6Rxk-- Brian Floyd (@BrianMFloyd) December 8, 2013
2. Well, in fairness, the snow did make it hard to see who was on the field:
Lindsey Vonn is having a very good game.-- Jim Souhan (@SouhanStrib) December 8, 2013
1. Yup, this just about sums it up:
this entire Vikings season is one sustained hit of acid-- M.W. (Mac Wilson) (@cinatyte) December 8, 2013
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at email@example.com.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.