Uptown sucks. Except when it doesn't.
We stay in on weekend nights (not that much different than before), because Uptown has always attracted amateurs (weekend morning fun: count the puddles of puke on the sidewalks, beer bottles thrown on lawns, fast food bags and other garbage on the streets, etc.).
But I can walk to grocery stores, movies, restaurants and bars, and choose from a plethora of parka shops.
Yeah, a lot of the charm is gone. But LynLake is a few blocks away for more variety, and the lakes -- no matter what they're named -- are right there.
Yes, Uptown sucks. Except when it doesn't.
- Minnesota’s oldest comic book shop forced out by condos in Uptown
- Uptown is dead, while I am as interesting as ever
- Why do we keep killing the character of Uptown?
- No late-night dumplings for Uptown after all: Mrs. Dumpling will not open at Lake and Lyndale
- Uptown's Marche is now Mercado, with cocktails, tacos, and lots of tequila
- The Lotus returns to Uptown