Two shot dead in separate Minneapolis homicides
The Minneapolis homicide count climbed to 28, after two men were found shot dead in two separate incidents over the weekend.
One of the crime scenes was the sidewalk outside Grumpy's Bar and Grill in the 2200 block of 4th Street Northeast, where police found a man dead on a the sidewalk just after 1 a.m.
The other shooting was at a home in the 3800 block of Thomas Avenue North, where one man was found dead and two others wounded, one critically, at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
Neither of the dead men have been identified, MPD spokesman Sgt. William Palmer said. One man was arrested at the scene of the shooting outside Grumpy's but later released. There have been no other arrests as yet.
Shooting at 2200 block of 4th Street Northeast:
View Larger Map
Shooting in 3800 block of Thomas Avenue North:
View Larger Map
The murders are the 27th and 28th of 2010 in Minneapolis. Here are brief looks at the others:
- July 5: Anthony Titus, 16
- July 2: Lionel Franklin, 38
- June 13: Andrew James Battees, 16
- June 12: Phelandis Depure Jackson, 29
- June 10: Matthew Deon Johnson, 22
- May 29: Cedric Hunter Jr., 18
- May 24: Derrick Gregory Martin, 20
- May 21: Anton Warren, 31
- May 21: Romaze Stevens, 30
- May 4: DeCarl Antonio Starr, 18
- April 28: Amy Terborg, 28
- April 8: Tony Gale, 37
- April 2: Pauline Nash, 42
- March 30: Kenneth Sims, 21
- March 23: Robert Blake Castonguay, 26
- March 17: James E. King Jr., 20
- February 27: Alisha Neely, 17
- February 13: Drew Heinkle, 25
- February 4: Michael Fonta, 45
- January 17: Marvin Ray Maynard, 16
- January 20: Orlando Keith Nunn, 21
- January 8: Walter Lee Dolley Jr., 19
- January 6: Abdifatah Warfa, 28
- January 6: Mohamed Warfa, 30
- January 6: Anwar Mohammed, 31
- January 2: Dontae D. Johnson, 31
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.