It was Unallotment Day here in Minnesota, which means the twats were ready for their live and unedited responses to Gov. Tim Pawlenty's proposed cuts to balance out a $2.7 billion deficit.
We entered the Tweet universe to see what people had to say.
Check out some of the highlights below.
Best of Pawlenty response on Twitter:
- mnteaparty: Proud of Tim Pawlenty today. Cuts 2.7bil of budget rather than raising taxes. Fiscally Responsible choice #tpp #tcot #teaparty #sgp
- christruscott: Pawlenty takes the GM and Chrysler approach to management. Damn long-term planning and future prosperity.
- PolAnimal: Rybak was just in the office and said he doesn't "need a lecture on finance from Tim Pawlenty" (and PS water fountains? Not general fund.)
- dustytrice: Pawlenty has gone after the MN state budget the same way Gallagher goes after watermelons. Additionally, neither are very funny.
- PolAnimal: Kelliher in release: In just under an hour today, Gov.Pawlenty has done more damage to Minnesota than he has throughout his entire career.
- maxsparber: Is it just me, or has Pawlenty been raising our taxes steadily, but done so by forcing other people to rasie property tax? #nonewtaxesfail
- tomscheck: Pawlenty: "I'll buy you lunch if you can find me" an economist who can predict the economy in two years. #mncuts
- sctraudes: Gov. Pawlenty: "My message to [Mpls Mayor Rybak] is reduce, and try to do it in priority order." Not pub. safety 1st, art fountains instead.
- jaboss1969: Where do I find one of these "artistic water fountains" that Pawlenty is referring to?
- Tom_Freeman: @pawlenty tells @MayorRTRybak to reduce their budget and get his head out of the clouds while getting rid of artistic water fountains
- robinmarty: shorter pawlenty -- raising taxes is bad for MN economy. Layoffs are good for it.
- maxsparber: Pawlenty asks people to respond via email. I might take my response to the street instead. This is not democracy.
- robinmarty: good thing pawlenty decided not to unallot in the sex offenders program. We all remember what happened the last time he made cuts there...
- sloped: Pawlenty, you are an arse, reducing the renters refund is a tax no matter what it's called. No new taxes is such a crock from your mouth.