Tom Emmer was for bullies before he was against them
Tom Emmer dodged a question about anti-bullying measures during today's gubernatorial debate at the Minnesota State Fair.
He also has yet to address the fact that his son posed for pictures next to a passed-out girl with a penis drawn on her face, and then posted it on Facebook.
Emmer's values came under scrutiny when a woman called in to ask whether the candidates would sign anti-bullying legislation as governor.
"I'd have to see what it looks like," Emmer said, before reminding everyone he has kids of his own.
Yet his voting record offers a more definitive answer: Emmer is pro-bully.
Tom Emmer has apologized for his son's July bust for underage drinking, calling it a "serious mistake," but he has yet to rebuke the degrading drawings that once decorated his son's Facebook page.
- The Facebook photos Tom Emmer doesn't want you to see
- Tom Emmer addresses son Tripp's illegal drinking
- Tripp Emmer was on campaign payroll during underage drinking bust
Emmer family values?
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes