Timothy Lamere arrested for distributing 2C-E that caused mass overdose
Timothy Lamere is set to be charged with third degree murder on Monday.
Blaine police have arrested 21-year-old Timothy Richard Lamere for supplying the hallucinogen 2C-E that caused 11 people to overdose, killing one.
He will be formally charged with third-degree murder in the death of Trevor Robinson, who died on Thursday.Early Thursday morning, at a spring break party in Blaine, several people either took pills or snorted the hallucinogen 2C-E which had been bought by a party guest over the internet. According to cops, that person was Timothy Lamere.
Rumors are swirling within the group of friends that the drug was mixed with some other chemical or cleaner. But Fenner says the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which analyzed the substance, confirmed that it is 2C-E and to his knowledge did not discover any other harmful substances in it. He says Blaine police are investigating along with Anoka County.
Buying 2C-E online is still legal, though buying its chemical cousin 2C-I is not. Trevor Robinson, a 19-year-old college student, took some of the drug and started having having trouble breathing soon after. He was driven to the hospital and left in the parking lot unconscious. He died later that day after being taken off life support.
Ten other people at the party were treated for overdoses, and at least nine of them are now at home. Sadly, Robinson was not so lucky, and he's left a five-month-old son behind.
Continuing Coverage of 2C-E
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Michael Casey's "You Matter" movement turns depression to positivity
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
Fri., Oct. 23, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
- Taxpayers fund Grant Nichols' luxury field trip to Boston
- Why we (blacks) are our own worst enemy