Tim Pawlenty makes pub crawl joke even though his staffers have DWI arrests
Tim Pawlenty is so desperate to be interesting he's turning his campaign into a deleted scene from Beer League.
Today, T-Paw flailed at Obama on Twitter, making an unfunny joke about Barack being on a European pub crawl.
The irony is that Pawlenty's campaign staff is all-too-familiar with pubs--and driving home afterwards. A Washington correspondent for Slate and MSNBC took notice of T-Paw's dopey joke and tweeted a link to our expose of Nick Ayers' DWI arrest.
Which means T-Paw's tweet only served to revive a scandal in his own ranks that lay dormant.
Who's laughing now?
Here's Timmy's unwise tweet:
Which brought this sharp retort from Washington D.C. political reporter Dave Weigel:
The link takes you to the dash cam footage of Pawlenty campaign chief Nick Ayers failing his DWI test. And since T-Paw brought it up and we have the footage handy ...
Did Nick Ayers write that brilliant bon mot that T-Paw tweeted? And was he sober when he came up with it?
- Ben Foster, Pawlenty staffer, arrested in Iowa for drunkenness
- Ben Foster, the man behind the vomit
- Did Pawlenty staffer Ben Foster lie to police about driving drunk?
- Nick Ayers, Pawlenty's new campaign manager, was charged with drunk driving
- Ben Foster resigns from Pawlenty campaign after drunken debauchery
- Dave McLaughlin is Pawlenty's third drunk-driving hire
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- A terrible Minneapolis park deal just got $2 million worse
Sat., Sep. 19, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
- Why you should never run over a kid while flying a confederate flag
- Minnesota has eighth most expensive cigarettes