Tim Pawlenty hosts Facebook town hall
As a torrent of questions rolled by on the screen, Gov. Tim Pawlenty hosted his first Facebook Town Hall on Wednesday evening, holding forth on everything from foreign policy to health care reform. Here's the link. It was all over in a half hour, with participants wanting to know afterward whether the video would be posted on YouTube or Facebook.
Before the Q&A session, he also announced that his Freedom First Political Action Committee was endorsing seven GOP candidates for national office -- none of them incumbents:
- Tim Burns in Pennsylvania's 12th district
- Bob Dold in the Illinois 10th
- Sean Duffy in Wisconsin's 7th
- Charles Djou in Hawaii's 1st
- Pat Meehan in Pennsylvania's 7th
- Former Rep. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania for Senate
- Gov. John Hoeven of North Dakota for Senate
There's more on them at Pawlenty's Web site here.
And even though you could see the question roll by every now and then, he didn't say whether he was formally running for president.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.