Tim Pawlenty channels Charlie Sheen: "Winning!" (without tiger blood)
Tim Pawlenty has found another way to try and convince voters that he's really not the boring guy from Minnesota that everyone says he is. He's hitched his wagon to Charlie Sheen's "tiger blood" star.
Sort of. He doesn't really want to have consumed every drug known to human kind, blown up one of the most successful TV comedies in history, threatened his wife and crashed fancy cars. Those aren't Republican family values.
Pawlenty just wants to stand close to Sheen's supernova without getting dirty.
"Now, we may not in this room have 'tiger blood' like he does," Pawlenty said at an Iowa College Republicans event Friday night. "But we do have something else in common with him. There's going to be a lot of winning on the Republican side in 2012."
It's probably just as well that "winning" may -- or may not -- be the only thing they have in common with Sheen. This is the guy who recently said:
"I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
Nobody wants to see T-Paw explode!
From tortured tiger blood references, T-Paw then tried to work Lady Gaga into his routine.
President Barack Obama has let everyone down, he told the college kids.
"He's broken those promises. He's failed to fulfill the expectations. If this was a Lady Gaga song, the relationship between the youth vote and Barack Obama would be 'Bad Romance.'"
Politico reports the kids were a little slow to catch on.
Maybe the former governor's next
campaign video movie trailer will open with him arriving at the podium for a speech in a plastic egg, and he'll burst out in a latex body suit, lip synching to "Born This Way."
Watch the T-Paw movie trailers:
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious
- Pawlenty III: Return to Pawlenty
- Pawlenty Wars: Revenge of the Tea Party
- Slideshow: Tim Pawlenty's in T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more
- Pawlenty's ridiculous movie trailers get the Colbert treatment
- Tim Pawlenty announces committee to explore presidential bid [VIDEO]
- Ten Reasons to Elect Tim Pawlenty President of the United States of America
- Tim Pawlenty: Barack Obama really is American
- Tim Pawlenty vs. Donald Trump, Birther
- Dan Savage invites Tim Pawlenty to film "It Gets Better" video
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Steven Timm charged with animal cruelty for harassing, drowning deer
- Cataclysmic boredom propels Stewart Mills into 2016 congressional race
- Man goes to meet prostitute with a trunk full of plastic and a giant empty suitcase