Tim Pawlenty attacks Obama's healthcare as "one of the most flawed and misguided laws in modern history"
Bravepaw tweets his feelings on Obamacare.
Tim Pawlenty just excitedly tweeted that we should all check out his statement on the "1 yr anniversary of Obamacare."
For such a momentous twitterduction, the statement is decidely brief--just about three tweets worth of text. In it, Pawlenty calls Obama's healthcare reforms "one of the most flawed and misguided laws in modern history."
Really? The most flawed and misguided law in modern history? Let's put that to the test in the jump.
Here's the tweet:
And here's the statement it links to:
One year ago today, President Obama signed into law the Federal government takeover of health care, one of the most flawed and misguided laws in modern history. Obamacare takes our health care system in the wrong direction, failing to reduce costs and improve quality. The law infringes on individuals' and states' rights by forcing individuals to purchase a good or service, which is why I joined a lawsuit calling the law unconstitutional. If courts do not do so first, as President, I would support the immediate repeal of Obamacare and replace it with market-based health care reforms.
As for that fact-check: Is providing healthcare for millions of people really worst than The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution?
More on Tim Pawlenty
- Tim Pawlenty's ridiculous movie trailers get the Colbert treatment
- Obama thrashes Pawlenty in NBC-Wall Street Journal poll
- Pawlenty will run for president or get off the pot in two weeks
- Tim Pawlenty Episode III: Revenge of the Tea Party [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty Reloaded: 2 Pawlenty 2 Furious [VIDEO]
- Tim Pawlenty's new movie trailer is awesomely over-the-top [VIDEO]
- Pawlenty blockbusters: T-Pocalypse Now, Bravepaw, & more [SLIDESHOW]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- UnitedHealth is getting even richer on Obamacare
Sun., Sep. 20, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 26, 2:30pm
Sun., Sep. 27, 12:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
- The Top 10 T-shirts of the Minnesota State Fair
- Top 5 Hate Mails of the Week: With new & improved fecal insults!