The Gay Storm warning to Lutherans
Andy Birkey over at MNIndy hasa great little post
about Minneapolis's Baptist Pastor John Piper claiming the tornado was a gentle warning from God to the Lutherans: Turn away from approval of sin!
Apparently, Baptist Piper forgets that Lutherans have historically turned directly toward, and embraced sin. Examples include the abandonment of celibacy for its rostered leaders, and the horrid, horrid sin that allows women to preach. Ahh, Lutherans... such dirty, dirty minds.
The Baptist Pastor takes us on a6-step tour
of why the tornado came from God. It stretches the imagination, summons biblical passages without really understanding what the passages mean.
4. Jesus Christ controls the wind, including all tornados.
Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? (Mark 4:41)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Nicole Curtis hates 'affordable housing' that replaced south Minneapolis homes
- Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau will keep her job, but not without critics
- Minnetonka Schools remain oddly silent after teen assaults Chris Carr's daughter
- Luke McAvoy, ex-Minnesota football player, comes out in powerful essay