The five creepiest allegations facing alleged St. Paul perv janitor Walter Happel
Walter Happel, a Newport resident and longtime janitor who most recently worked at the Linwood Monroe Arts Plus School in St. Paul, faces a felony count of interference with privacy for allegedly sticking his perverted head under a bathroom stall while a 12-year-old student was in there on February 19.
But as investigators looked into that incident, a number of additional allegations of sexually inappropriate conduct involving Happel, boys, and bathrooms came to light. Below the jump we run down the five creepiest incidents contained in the criminal complaint.
5. This is the incident that cost Happel his job and could land him behind bars for up to two years (KP-L is the student):
4. Happel allegedly had steroids and other bizarre substances in a secret room only discovered after he was placed on administrative leave:
3. Turns out the bathroom incident wasn't an isolated one -- not by a long shot:
(For more, click to page two.)
2. Happel allegedly talked about anal sex with students:
1. Happel also allegedly referred to himself as a "boy," gave students candy, and peeped at one through a bathroom vent:
Under questioning, Happel acknowledged being in the bathroom with KP-L on February 19, but denied looking up at him from under the stall.
And with regard to the 2011 incident where he allegedly complimented a student's penis, Happel said the boy must've misunderstood an innocent remark he made about a dirty bathroom:
-- Follow Aaron Rupar on Twitter at @atrupar. Got a tip? Drop him a line at email@example.com.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.