TCF Bank Stadium: Video of "The Hopeful Shovelers"
"The Hopeful Shovelers"
They came in diverse shapes and sizes, arriving with either the desire to make some quick scratch, or to help the Vikings salvage what remains of their circus 2010.
Together they queued, braving elements and (understandably) patchy information as the U of M put out the call for strong-armed men and women.
They came to shovel -- although most of them (based on the surplus of eager participants) would find no purchase in their endeavor to help clear the way for TCF to host the Vikings and the Bears on Monday Night Football.
But they waited patiently, huddled together, and in the interim had time to talk to C.P. about what brought them down to Dinkytown on a cold Thursday morn.
These are "The Hopeful Shovelers."
TCF Stadium shoveling video
Get paid to shovel TCF Stadium for Monday Night Football
- Maintenance man escapes Metrodome collapse in fork lift
- Metrodome collapse: Video from inside the stadium
- Metrodome collapse: Video shows roof failure frame-by-frame
- Metrodome collapse: Somebody (or thing) escaped as roof fell
- Metrodome collapse forces Vikings and Giants to Detroit
- Blizzard snow totals in the Twin Cities
- Blizzard socks the Twin Cities: Photos and video
- Twin Cities Blizzard 12/11/10: Your pictures
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss City Pages' biggest stories.
- Why we removed a controversial post
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:07pm
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 18, 12:00pm
- Homeless youth Don Turner chases down thief in downtown Minneapolis
- Mall of America protest case costs Black Lives Matter's Adja Gildersleve an apartment